[Spacewalk-list] how to push updates on newly built servers automatically

Jan Hutař jhutar at redhat.com
Fri Jun 1 08:40:59 UTC 2012

On Thu, 31 May 2012 16:41:37 -0400 "Musayev, Ilya"
<imusayev at webmd.net> wrote:

> How would I push updates on newly build server (build via
> independent kickstart server) automatically - without logging
> into spacewalk server?

Hello,
you can:

1) create post script in your kickstart profile you use for
   building your systems with "yum -y upgrade"
2) there is a possibility to select "Auto Errata Update:" in
   yours system profile, but it will work only for newly synced
   erratas in RHEL and I have not tried for Fedora when syncing
   repo with spacewalk-repo-sync
3) also you can configure your client to use yum-updatesd to
   automatically pull all available updates every day or so
   (and you can have config channel on SW and activation key
   assigned to your kickstart which auto-subscribe your system
   into the channel and schedules deploy action)

Well, there might be easier solutions.

Regards,
Jan

--