[Spacewalk-list] Limiting access to spacewalk webinterface

Jeremy Maes jma at schaubroeck.be
Thu Jun 7 15:18:18 UTC 2012

Hey Spacewalk users

I'm new to the list but have been testing Spacewalk since version 1.3.
Recently made a clean installation of 1.7 to start using in production,
but I have a question about the webinterface.

First a little overview of out current situation:
I have Spacewalk 1.7 installed on PostgreSQL, on a CentOS 6.2 server.
The Spacewalk server itself is in our DMZ because it needs to be
accessible by our other servers at over 200 remote sites.
Now I would very much like to close off the access to the webinterface
for the outside world, and only make it available for access from our
internal IP's.

I know this is something that is probably possible through customizing
the apache config, but there's 2 things holding me back from trying it
out as of yet:

  * I'm not really sure which of the config files to change, and where
    I'd have to put the change(s).
  * Will my remote servers still be able to send and receive updates,
    register if needed, etc... if I shut down the webinterface for
    external hosts? It is my perception that almost all communication
    runs over http(s) through webservices hosted by apache and I'm
    afraid of closing those off too. Is it possible to selectively shut
    off access to only the webUI but not the rest?

Any pointers or tips would be really appreciated!

Regards,
Jeremy

 **** DISCLAIMER ****
http://www.schaubroeck.be/maildisclaimer.htm