[Spacewalk-list] Migrate from physical server to VM...any gotchas?

Wojtak, Greg (Superfly) GregWojtak at quickenloans.com
Fri Jun 15 12:51:51 UTC 2012

I can offer some encouragement at least and say that I have been running
Spacewalk in a VM since 0.6.  The only thing I'd say is to make sure the
VM is sized appropriately.  I've had to go back and add more vCPU's and
RAM a couple times (and disk) and each time I did, it made a huge
improvement.  Moreover, make sure you do a database dump before taking a
snapshot.  It hasn't happened to me yet, but technically, if you roll back
to a snapshot of your VM, the database *could* get corrupted.

Greg Wojtak
Sr. Unix Systems Engineer
Office: (313) 373-4306
Cell: (734) 718-8472