[Spacewalk-list] Scheduling Updates Question - When do they run?

Patrick Hurrelmann patrick.hurrelmann at lobster.de
Sat Jun 23 06:55:38 UTC 2012

On 22.06.2012 17:04, Charlie Reddington wrote:
> Hey List,
>
> I'm pretty new to spacewalk, and I was wondering if there is some sort
> of official standard on when a scheduled update will run (without OSAD /
> instant). In our setup, I had a few machines I wanted to update, and I
> have a tight change window to do this in. So I scheduled it to start no
> earlier than 7am. One server started up at 7:01, the other 2 machines
> didn't update after 10 minutes so I ran updates via YUM.
>
> First question:
>
> I know for sure that the servers had checked in and I believe they got
> their marching orders. But when should I expect this job to run?
>
> Second question:
>
> If I use OSAD to do instant updates. Can I schedule jobs to run 'no
> earlier than $x' and have it start right away at whatever I set $x to?
>
> My end goal is that I want jobs to start at a specific time (start of my
> change window) and then all I have to do is manually go through and
> verify / reboot.
>
> Thanks for any info,
> Charlie

Hi Charlie,

rhn_check is executed every 4hours (240mim) in standard configuration
but you can change it to your needs. Have a look at rhnsd and its
configuration in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhnsd.

Regards
Patrick

--
Lobster LOGsuite GmbH, Hauptstraße 67, D-82327 Tutzing

HRB 178831, Amtsgericht München
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Martin Fischer, Rolf Henrich