[Spacewalk-list] How can I aad a system into Spacewalk for software Push

Jan Hutař jhutar at redhat.com
Tue Jun 26 14:57:32 UTC 2012

On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 07:17:44 -0700 (PDT) "J.W. slone"
<jslonejr at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Wanting  to push emacs to
>
> 1.) new system that I just built with spacewalk

Answered in the other mail - use activation key (check AK tab
"Packages").

> 2) Existing Centos 5.7 workstation

You can schedule package installation via WebUI if the system is
already registered. It will take some time to proceed if you do
not have osad on the target workstation.

> 3) How can I add a centos workstation to my existing channel

To alter channel set, you can use utility "rhn-channel" or WebUI
interface System -> Software -> Software Channels -> ...

Regards,
Jan

--
Jan Hutar     Systems Management QA