[Spacewalk-list] adding multiple base channels to a system

Gregory Machin gdm at linuxpro.co.za
Thu Jun 28 00:46:13 UTC 2012

Hi.
I have setup a dedicated channel for the CentOS repositories and
another channel for EPEL .

Parent Channel Button CentOS 6.0 Base - x86_64
           Child Channel CentOS 6.0 CentOSPlus - x86_64
           Child Channel CentOS 6.0 Update - x86_64
Parent Channel Button CentOS 6.2 Base - x86_64
           Child Channel CentOS 6.2 CentOSPlus - x86_64
            Child Channel CentOS 6.2 Update - x86_64
Parent Channel Button EPEL 6
Parent Channel Button Spacewalk Client - x64
Parent Channel Button Spacewalk Server - x64

The problem is the system can only belong to both the Parent Channel
and the EPEL Channel at the same time. I don't want to duplicate EPEL
channel the data for both the CentOS channels otherwise this I a waist
of space etc.

How can I achieve this have I missed a configuration some where ?

Thanks