[Spacewalk-list] Removing old packages from Spacewalk

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Fri Jun 29 09:17:28 UTC 2012

On 06/29/2012 11:08 AM, Michael Mraka wrote:
> michal wrote:
> % Hi
> % Does anyone have a way of removing old packages from Spacewalk database?
> % I do not use snapshots, so I don't need historical data.
>
> Try spacewalk-data-fsck.

This will remove only packages not in db.

But I suppose that he meant:
if you have
pkg-1.0
pkg-1.1
pkg-1.2
pkg-2.0
in one channel

and if you not use snapshot it is waste of disk space for small shops to
keep old rpm. So it would be nice to have something like:
   cleanup-channel -c somechannel --keep-only-latest-evr

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering