[Spacewalk-list] Channel Repo Issue

Young, Ken (FMRCO) Ken.Young at FMR.com
Tue Mar 6 19:55:28 UTC 2012

After a little more research and help from a colleague we found out my new channels do not have the repo constructs under /var/cache/rhn/repodata. How do I get spacewalk to create the repo info for the channels

From: spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Young, Ken (FMRCO)
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 2:28 PM
To: spacewalk-list at redhat.com
Subject: [Spacewalk-list] Channel Repo Issue

I recently updated to Spacewalk 1.4 and I am creating new channels for the 1st time since the upgrade.
I am having an issue where I cannot get a system that is subscribed to the new channel to update any packages. There seems to be an issue with the channel config. When I run a "yum list" command on the client of the new channel I get the following error. It is a custom channel that was repo based channel.

Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository

Ken Young ||Principal Systems Engineer ||  *Desk: 603-791-5844||  (Cell: 603-401-7897
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CCFBA9.2B6FE520]