[Spacewalk-list] 1.6 proxy installation problem

Tomi Salmi tomisalmi123 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 08:56:59 UTC 2012

Hi Jan,

My apologies for not being specific enough. It was indeed those two lines I
meant (took a bit of a shortcut with my description :)

It really did not make much sense to me either. I started troubleshooting
the missing hostname by running "rhncfg-manager create-channel --server="
and leaving the server name blank, just to see what the output would be. To
my big surprise, the script picked up the spacewalk master hostname.

The installation continued normally, config channels got populated and it
resulted in a functional proxy server. I'm thinking this must just have
been some weird quirk on that specific system. I would not worry about it,
unless more people are experiencing the same issue.

I will be setting up a completely clean new 1.7 system soon, and I will
inform if I manage to replicate the issue.

Thanks!

-Tomi