[Spacewalk-list] cannot register CentOS 5 system to my new spacewalk server

Andy Ingham andy.ingham at duke.edu
Thu Mar 8 14:04:15 UTC 2012

Sabuj --

Thanks for the info, but what I think I'm struggling with is exactly WHICH
cert and key files, FROM where, concatenated in WHAT WAY and ultimately
saved in WHICH directory (and on which host).

As someone mentioned on the list previously, the info specific to SSL
files for spacewalk is thin and with numerous files involved (and spread
across both sw server and sw clients), I am far from confident that I've
got what I'm supposed to have where I'm supposed to have it.

Is there (client) setup documentation somewhere that I'm missing?

Again, many thanks!

Andy

On 3/7/12 4:27 PM, "Sabuj Pattanayek" <sabujp at gmail.com> wrote:

>        An error has occurred:
>        up2date_client.up2dateErrors.SSLCertificateVerifyFailedError
>        See /var/log/up2date for more information

In my kickstart scripts the SSL cert from the server gets put into
this file and it does this :

cat > /tmp/ssl-key-1 <<'EOF'
# HUGE SSL KEY HERE #
.
.
.
cat /tmp/ssl-key-* > /usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT
perl -npe 's/RHNS-CA-CERT/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT/g' -i
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/*
.
.
rhnreg_ks --force --serverUrl=<yourServer>/XMLRPC
--sslCACert=/usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT
--activationkey=<your activation key>