[Spacewalk-list] Bare Metal Provision Through Proxy

Wojtak, Greg (Superfly) GregWojtak at quickenloans.com
Tue Mar 13 13:28:34 UTC 2012

That makes sense.  I've given it another try and I get to the point in the
kickstart where the filesystems are created, then it pulls down the repo
information.

I get the following error (have to hit Ctrl+Alt+F3 to see it):

WARNING : Failed to get
http://proxy.fqdn.tld/ks/dist/child/centos-6-x86_64-proxy.fqdn.tld-client/C
entOS_6_x86_64-bit/repodata/repomd.xml from mirror 1/1, or downloaded file
is corrupt.

Apparently here's what's happening - the spacewalk host's name, which
happens to be 'spacewalk,' is being replaced in that entire string with
proxy.fqdn.tld in all instances.  I have verified I can download the
repomd.xml by browsing to
http://proxy.fqdn.tld/ks/dist/child/centos-6-x86_64-spacewalk-client/CentOS
_6_x86_64-64-bit/repodata/repomd.xml

I'm not really sure what to do in this case.  Do I need to rename the
spacewalk-client channel/repo?  Is this a bug or expected behavior with
the spacewalk server name called spacewalk?

Thanks!

Greg