[Spacewalk-list] Clients registered with proxy show "Offline as of unknown"

Sean Carolan scarolan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 16:23:57 UTC 2012

Here's the situation:

*  Master Spacewalk server is working fine
*  Proxy server #1 is also fine, proxied clients are ping-able
*  Proxy server #2 seems to be working, but clients are not ping-able.

Here's what I've tested on proxy server #2:
*  Clients can register and run "rhn_check -vv" just fine
*  TCPdump reveals packets are being sent from the proxy to the master
when I run "osad" on the client
*  The osad username for the client is showing up in /var/log/messages
on the proxy
*  We are *not* seeing the client's username osad-a88ad541b6 showing
up in /var/log/messages on the master server

Below is a link to the output of "osad -N -vvvvvvvvv".  Any suggestions?

http://pastebin.com/iQWCLuV5