[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk-schema-upgrade 1.6 -> 1.7

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Wed Mar 14 11:02:21 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 11:54:57AM +0100, Rene Lehmann wrote:

> Hey everybody,
>
> i´ve got the following error by execute the schema-upgrade:
>
> > No existing schema version info found in rhnVersionInfo.
>
> I´ve take a look at the script and found the query for the old schema
> version:
>
>         select rhnPackageName.name || '-' || (PE.evr).version || '-' ||
> (PE.evr).release
>         from rhnVersionInfo, rhnPackageName, rhnPackageEVR PE
>         where rhnVersionInfo.label = 'schema-from'
>                 and rhnVersionInfo.name_id = rhnPackageName.id
>                 and rhnVersionInfo.evr_id = PE.id;
>
> But the table rhnVersionInfo doesn´t have an entry with the label schema.
> There´s only one entry with the name 'schema-from-20110722-165234'
>
> Any ideas how can i fix it?

This means that you were upgrading the schema on July 22nd, 2011,
and that upgrade failed. Hence, your schema is in nondeterministic
state and spacewalk-schema-upgrade cannot figure out where to start..

The strange thing is thou that Spacewalk 1.6 was only released
in December. What was your original Spacewalk version?

--
Jan Pazdziora