[Spacewalk-list] rhnreg_ks breaks when when re-kickstarting a server

Paul Robert Marino prmarino1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 14:40:59 UTC 2012

Hello

I have run into an odd bug in both spacewalk 1.6 and 1.7 on RHEL 6
with Postgresql

initially kickstarting a server works great the host comes up
registered and has the configurations I expect without any errors,
however if i kickstart the host again and it tries to reregister with
the reactivation key rhnreg_ks breaks. I've been able to reproduce
this kickstating Scientific Linux 6.x, Centos 6.x, and RHEL 6.x

here is the output from the rhnreg_ks command with Scientific Linux
6.2 this was in the ks-rhn-post.log

"
Error Message:
    Your account does not have access to any channels matching (cd /v,
arch='x86_64')
Error Class Code: 19
Error Class Info: Architecture and OS version combination is not supported.
Explanation:
     An error has occurred while processing your request. If this problem
     persists please enter a bug report at bugzilla.redhat.com.
     If you choose to submit the bug report, please be sure to include
     details of what you were trying to do when this error occurred and
     details on how to reproduce this problem.
"

all the other distros i tested it with produce the same error except
the value of "release='6.2'" changes