[Spacewalk-list] CentOS 4 repository setup?

Andy Ingham andy.ingham at duke.edu
Tue Mar 27 12:49:02 UTC 2012

Re-asking this since it would save me a LOT of time:

Is there a way to populate my spacewalk repos with the final (vault)
version of the CentOS 4 files?

Thanks!

Andy

On 3/23/12 9:33 AM, "Andy Ingham" <andy.ingham at duke.edu> wrote:

Is there a quick way to tweak the repositories in spacewalk for the
*CentOS 4* channels, so that I can get a final, last set of packages for
that rev (that I can then turn around and apply to a bunch of hosts that
are unfortunately still at CentOS 4).

I am able to manually do this on a GIVEN HOST by changing the "baseurl"
setting within /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo.  (BTW, I've assumed that
I've needed to do this on a very specific version-by-version basis:  E.g.,

	baseurl=http://vault.centos.org/4.9/os/$basearch/

	[Note the *4.9* in this case]

I'm hoping to avoid doing this on a host by host basis, so would like to
leverage spacewalk, so...

Can I simply change "Repository URL" for each CentOS 4 repo from its
current (for example)
"http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=4&arch=i386&repo=os" to something
else?  If so, what would that something else BE
("http://vault.centos.org/?release=4&arch=i386&repo=os" does NOT work).
Relatedly, do I need to be concerned about the 4.7 vs 4.8 vs 4.9, etc
issue?

Thanks for any insight!

Andy