[Spacewalk-list] Kickstart issues with user setup.

Coy Hile coy.hile at coyhile.com
Thu Mar 29 09:59:54 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 8:16 AM, BOWMAN MARK <markbowman at ntlworld.com>wrote:

> Can anyone suggest a way to action some user setup stuff during a
> kickstart?
> The kickstart seems to stop at the su command.
> .

Why su at all?  You know what the defaults are for your systems.  why not
do something like:

mkdir -m 0700 /home/smith/.ssh
chown smith:smith /home/smith/ssh
[put key material in authorized_keys here]
chmod 644 /home/smith/.ssh/authorized_keys

That seems more straightforward to me.  It's not like you actually need the
user's environment; you're not starting a service dependent upon that
environment.