[Spacewalk-list] Troubles installing on Debian

Simon Lukasik slukasik at redhat.com
Thu May 3 12:38:20 UTC 2012

Re-sending the mail from private communication to mailing list.

There is a problem in Spacewalk 1.7 with non-yum (SuSE and Debian)
clients. It is caused by 9b28ded9de35b00d05457c877b8e8bb9d68a37de.

  -class SSLCertificateVerifyFailedError(RepoError):
  +class SSLCertificateVerifyFailedError(RepoError, Error):

'RepoError' and 'Error' has the same ancestor on non-yum systems. Which
obviously doesn't make a python happy.

Possible fix could be to duplicate code of

    Error.__getattr__

in

    SSLCertificateVerifyFailedError.__getattr__

but I don't know what others do think about such duplication.

Attached is a patch which workarounds the immediate problem for
alternative platforms. But It will fail anyway once the
SSLCertificateVerifyFailedError as reported in

https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2012-April/msg00127.html

Not nice.

On 04/23/2012 07:36 PM, Michael Lustfield wrote:

> On 04/23/2012 12:35 PM, Simon Lukasik wrote:
>> On 04/23/2012 06:10 PM, Michael Lustfield wrote:
>>> I'm trying to install the spacewalk client on a Debian system.
>>>
>>> sentinel2:~# rhnreg_ks --serverUrl=http://spacewalk.domain.tld/XMLRPC
>>> --activationkey=1-deb --force
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>    File "/usr/sbin/rhnreg_ks", line 33, in<module>
>>>      from up2date_client import rhnreg
>>>    File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/rhnreg.py", line 14, in<module>
>>>      import up2dateUtils
>>>    File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/up2dateUtils.py", line 11, in
>>> <module>
>>>      import up2dateErrors
>>>    File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/up2dateErrors.py", line 188, in
>>> <module>
>>>      class SSLCertificateVerifyFailedError(RepoError, Error):
>>> TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
>>>      duplicate base class Error
>>>

>> Could You apply the following change to your
>>
>>      /usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/up2dateErrors.py
>>
>> and try again? Thank You.
>>

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/sbin/rhnreg_ks", line 33, in <module>
>     from up2date_client import rhnreg
>   File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/rhnreg.py", line 14, in <module>
>     import up2dateUtils
>   File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/up2dateUtils.py", line 11, in
> <module>
>     import up2dateErrors
>   File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/up2dateErrors.py", line 188, in
> <module>
>     class SSLCertificateVerifyFailedError(RepoError, Error):
> TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
>     Cannot create a consistent method resolution
> order (MRO) for bases Exception, Error
>
> That doesn't help too much, does it? :(

No. Could you please try again another patch (attached)?

Please forgive me that I am using you as tester. I do no longer have
Debian machine. Disclaimer: Debian support is currently discontinued
because of lack of community interest.

Thanks,

--
Simon Lukasik