[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk-repo-sync just append, not remove

Baptiste AGASSE baptiste.agasse at lyra-network.com
Thu May 10 14:49:54 UTC 2012

Hi all,

> Short answer no not at this time.
> But that sounds like a good RFE

I've posted few month ago a patch to add filter support to reposync and also clean packages excluded by filters and old packages no longer present on the current mirror (if i remember correctly, i don't looked at this part of code for a while now).

% - All versions of the packages excluded by a filter is now deleted
% from DB and filesystem

The answer was (from Michael Mraka):

Well, this changes current behavior of spacewalk-repo-sync because we
never remove packages which are already in the channel during sync
process. E.g. you might have packages pushed manually (via rhnpush) into
channel, should they also be removed? I don't think so.
I decided skip this part of patch for now.

> Although in practice it may be problematic, ocasionally you get an
> unreliable mirror. If you accidentaly got an incomplete mirror you
> could have valid packages accidentally deleted. Also you would hve to
> remove the packages from any applicable erratas or delete the erratas
> entierly
> On May 2, 2012 4:57 PM, "Nilton Moura" < redhat at nmoura.eti.br > wrote:
>

> Hi people.
>

> I'm synchronizing some repos with spacewalk-repo-sync (--channel
> "reponame" --type yum) on SW1.6, but the old files (that doesn't exist
> anymore on the origin) continues on SW. Is there a way to have the
> repo equal to the origin (deleting the old ones)?
>

> Thanks,
> Nilton.

Have a nice day.

Regards.