[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk-dobby problem

Miroslav Suchy msuchy at redhat.com
Thu May 24 18:50:14 UTC 2012

On 24.5.2012 18:24, stefano ciavarella wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to extend oracle xe database because it's full ( 4gb ) . When
> ( as oracle user ) i use db-control i got :
>
> -bash-3.2$ db-control
> Can't open config file '/etc/rhn/default/rhn_dobby.conf': Permission
> denied at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/PXT/Config.pm line 71.
>
> any ideas ???

db-control was intended for embedded Oracle DB of RHN Satellite.

It was never intended for Oracle XE or even standalone Oracle DB.

And if you use Oracle XE 10g, then 4GB is your limit set by Oracle.
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B25329_01/doc/install.102/b25143/toc.htm#BABFCCBC

You have to upgrade to Oracle XE 11g, which has limit 11 GB or buy full
license. db-control has nothing to do with this limit.

I recommend you to migrate to PostgreSQL:
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/PostgreSQLFromOracle

Mirek Suchy