[Spacewalk-list] Scheduled Tasks, OSA, and Jabber

Wojtak, Greg (Superfly) GregWojtak at quickenloans.com
Thu Nov 1 14:56:00 UTC 2012

Has there ever been a proper fix released for scheduled jobs not being picked up?

I have a cron job that runs every morning to stop osa-dispatcher, stop jabberd, remove the /var/lib/jabberd/db/* files, start up jabberd and finally start osa-dispatcher.  Usually this works, but many times after scheduling jobs, I still have to either go and run these steps again or go on to the clients and run rhn_check individually.  This goes double for clients behind a proxy as I have to restart jabberd there as well.

This is spacewalk 1.7 on 64-bit Cent 6, Postgres backend.

Thanks!

Greg Wojtak
Sr. Unix Systems Engineer
Office: (313) 373-4306