[Spacewalk-list] rhn-ssl-tool inconsistency

Steve Meier email at steve-meier.de
Fri Nov 2 15:37:50 UTC 2012

Dear all,

I am currently in the process of migrating my Spacewalk servers from self-signed to "trusted" certificates.

I am using rhn-ssl-tool to build a new RPM with keys but encountered one problem. While the help and
the man page say that there is a --ca-cert option it is not recognized when I call rhn-ssl-tool like this:

[root at spacewalk ssl-build]# rhn-ssl-tool --gen-server --rpm-only --server-key=server.key --server-cert=server.crt --ca-cert=startssl-class2-server.pem
usage: rhn-ssl-tool [options]

rhn-ssl-tool: error: no such option: --ca-cert

Am I doing something wrong or is there an inconsistency between code and documentation?

Kind regards,
  Steve