[Spacewalk-list] [Spacewalk-devel] I think I found the root cause of the PostgreSQL Idle in transaction connection build up.

Paul Robert Marino prmarino1 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 05:51:33 UTC 2012

Well you are right there is nothing in the change log that idicates that
this issue existed or how its fixed.
But as I said it seems to fix it there is probably a side effect fix that
was not planed but seems to work.
The results are rediculously obvious initialy now honestly I think it needs
a few days of testing to prove it, and I would like for others to confirm
it but from my initial test it on one of my development instances it looks
good. I would like other people to test it because I'm not using monitoring
on that instance and I only have a few systems attached to it but the
difference is so obvious there is deffinitly something there.
By the way I've seen the change log betwean 701to 702 but I haven't seen
the change log betwean 702 and 703 and I looked its not on their site or in
the source package as far as I could initialy tell.

While I admit I can't point to a reason in the change log why, it at least
initialy seems to work. I think if any thing it may be a compound
correction of multiple bugs that may of fixed a larger harder to pinpoint
issue.