[Spacewalk-list] Error Downloading Packages From Channel Behind Proxy

Wojtak, Greg (Superfly) GregWojtak at quickenloans.com
Tue Nov 13 02:44:13 UTC 2012

No, these are the RHN plugin repos.  My CentOS, spacewalk, and epel repo files are all enabled = 0.  I got back to my desk this evening and saw someone had posted the message in chat:

"I have an odd problem with my proxies since upgrading to 1.8.  Since the repo sync ran, no system registered through a proxy can do updates on my EPEL or SW client channels.  I get 404s from the proxy.  Systems registered directly to my SW server are fine.  Anyone else seen this?"

This is exactly what I am seeing - it is only the spacewalk client and epel repos.  CentOS updates and base channels are providing packages just fine through the proxy.  Seems I'm not the only one having this problem.

Greg Wojtak
Sr. Unix Systems Engineer
Office: (313) 373-4306
Cell: (734) 718-8472