[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk for Novell SLES

Pietro Leone leone at diff.org
Fri Nov 16 09:35:16 UTC 2012

On 14.11.2012 14:31, Pietro Leone wrote:

[snip]

>> And, if you find this feedback useful, please, can we maybe add a
>> brief section to the wiki for Spacewalk Client's.
>>  - I'd be happy to copy/paste, if Peitro, you are able to confirm
>> that these instructions helped you out a lot.

> Absolutely yes, sorry for the delay, I'm still working on the client,
> but following the detailed instruction of Sabine I created the
> channels for SLES and now they are synced. For now I cannot confirm
> the problems she had on SP1, but we have a lot of SLES still SP1, so
> hope I can give more info quickly.

Hallo, I finished the tests on SLES11SP2 using Sabine suggestion, it
works. The problems on SLE11SP1 are caused by some missing packages that
have been added starting from SP2 only. Now I'll try to install SP2
packages missing on SP1, but probably it will break the support, so I do
not know if really it is a good thing to do.

>> Regards,
>> Cliff

Thanks, Pietro.
--