[Spacewalk-list] Can't register RHEL5 host with 'spacewalk default' key

Snyder, Chris Chris_Snyder at sra.com
Mon Nov 19 16:56:55 UTC 2012

First, I do appreciate the help, and yes, I do realize that the page I referenced is an old, CentOS page.    But it's been the most clear set of instructions I've been able to find.    Prior to two weeks ago, I'd done Red Hat work for years and never once touched RHN or anything related to it (we simply buy our required number RH licenses for all our hosts, use one to actually register a single host with RHN, then slurp down the OS + updates via mrepo with that host and the do everything else via our local mrepo setup and yum - awesome), so channels, keys, etc are all very, very confusing with no frame of reference.

I have to admit I'm not finding the actual Spacewalk Wiki all that helpful.  So far most of my knowledge has come from the aforementioned (old) CentOS page, the RHN Satellite Reference Guide (v5.5), the SW ML archives, and various websites out there.   The wiki feels very scattered in the available data and the organization of that data.  But that could just be me.

It's been an uphill battle to say the least.  But I've made it this far, so I'll go upgrade and see what happens then.

Thank you for the help.
Chris.