[Spacewalk-list] Problem migrating Oracle backend from 10g XE to 11gR1 EE

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Tue Nov 20 10:47:00 UTC 2012

ŚLIPEK Krzysztof wrote:
% Hello,
%
% I've tried to migrate SW 1.5 database from Oracle 10g XE to Oracle
% 11gR1 EE (32-bit) and have problem. I've made export and import of
% Spacewalk schema but there are 4 objects with invalid status:
%
% select * from all_objects where status !='VALID';
%
% SPACEWALK      CONTACT                           76466
% SPACEWALK      CUSTOMER                        76475
% SPACEWALK      HOST                                    76477
% SPACEWALK      EVR_T                                  75148
% Is Oracle 11g not supported with Spacewalk? Any help is greatly
% appreciated.
%
% Thanks very much and best regards,
%
% Chris.

Hello Krzysztof,

Oracle 11g is supported, although I am not sure if we tested it with 11gR1.
We definitly tested 11gR2 - 11.2.0.1, 11.2.0.2 work fine, there are know
issues which hit some users on 11.2.0.3.

Do these object remain invalid even if you recompile them manually?
E.g. via $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/utlrp.sql

--
Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat