[Spacewalk-list] Customize pxeboot menus?

Robert O'Connor rob at bamalam.com
Wed Nov 21 11:02:29 UTC 2012

Hi folks - I'm wanting to customize my /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/default menu
such that one of the menu items (i.e spacewalk kickstart profiles) points
the kickstart client to boot off another tftp server. Seeing as the
kickstart stuff is all spacewalk-managed is it possible to (say) create a
dummy kickstart profile which would add the required menu item?   Of course
modifying the 'default' file directly results in it being overwritten each
time changes are made in spacewalk.

The way I'm currently fudging this is adding a mac address-specific
'next-server' entry in the dhcp configs for the desired clients to boot of
the alternate tftp server but this is not an ideal solution for me.

Thanks!

Rob.