[Spacewalk-list] Changing spacewalk hostname

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 16:57:03 UTC 2012

> I am wondering though, would it be possible to use rhn-ssl-tool to
> override the current private key.  I do understand its kind of defeat the
> certificate security, but have not found any article online that rule out
> that possibility, hence the question
>

> Interestingly enough I have only just done this exact same thing.....

Here's the process I used:

mv /root/ssl-build /root/ssl-build.bak
rhn-ssl-tool --gen-ca --force --set-country="<country code>"
--set-state="<state>" --set-org="<organisation>"

That wil generate a new CA (it'll ask you for a password to use) and then
spacewalk-hostname-rename will work as expected...

Since this is a new CA you will need to:

rm -rf /var/lib/jabberd/db/*

to make OSAD happy and on each system:

wget http://spacewalk.example.com/pub/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT -O
/usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT
sed -i s'/oldhostname/newhostname/' /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date

James