[Spacewalk-list] Kickstarting a RHEL5 install - better with updates included or not?

Jens Skott jens.skott at schibsted.se
Wed Nov 21 19:43:21 UTC 2012

I have 3 different environments cloned off the original repo, testing
stagning and prod. I then use the orignial repo to sync the new errata
and packages, then test stage and prod are "frozen" repos witch i
update depending on my lifecycle plan.
I then kickstart a server from a singel profile (bare minimal 300mb
footprint) then add activationkeys in cobbler depending on prod test
or stage.
After I have kickstarted a machine I go over to using chef, where I
handle all application configuration and installation using rpm
packages from the different repos.

Hope that helps you a little. I can assist you further with explaning
in detail if you find it intresting and want to practice the setup i
use for my environment =)

Jens Skott
Tel: +46-8-5142 4396
Schibsted Centralen IT