[Spacewalk-list] [Solaris support] installed patches not refreshed

Pierre Casenove pcasenove at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 08:53:35 UTC 2012

Hello,
I've searched a bit more to try to debug this issue.
The query executed to list patches that need to be installed is:
SELECT  pn.name AS NAME,
                pn.name || '-' || evr_t_as_vre_simple(full_list.evr) AS
NVRE,
                pn.id || '|' || lookup_evr((full_list.evr).epoch,
(full_list.evr).version, (full_list.evr).release) AS ID_COMBO,
                full_list.id,
                full_list.PATCH_TYPE
          FROM  (
                SELECT  p.name_id name_id, max(pe.evr) evr, p.id,
pt.nameAS PATCH_TYPE
                  FROM  rhnPackageEVR PE, rhnPackage P,
                         rhnChannelPackage CP, rhnServerChannel SC,
rhnSolarisPatch SSP, rhnSolarisPatchType PT
                 WHERE  sc.server_id = 1000010008
                   AND  sc.channel_id = cp.channel_id
                   AND  cp.package_id = p.id
                   AND  ssp.package_id = p.id
                   AND  p.evr_id = pe.id
                   AND  pt.id = ssp.patch_type
              GROUP BY  p.name_id, p.id, pt.name
              ) full_list,
              rhnPackageName pn
         WHERE full_list.name_id = pn.id
           AND EXISTS (SELECT 1
                    FROM rhnPackageNEVRA PNEVRA,
                         rhnSolarisPatchPackages SPP,
                         rhnServerPackage SP
                  WHERE SP.server_id = 1000010008
                    AND SPP.patch_id = full_list.id
                    AND PNEVRA.id = SPP.package_nevra_id
                    AND PNEVRA.name_id = SP.name_id
                    AND ((PNEVRA.package_arch_id IS NULL AND
SP.package_arch_id IS NULL) OR PNEVRA.package_arch_id = SP.package_arch_id)
                    AND NOT EXISTS (SELECT 1
                                    FROM rhnSolarisPatchedPackage SPdP
                                    WHERE SPdP.server_id = 1000010008
                                    AND SPdP.patch_id = full_list.id
                                    AND SPdP.package_nevra_id = PNEVRA.id))
        ORDER BY  UPPER(name || '-' || evr_t_as_vre_simple(full_list.evr))

This query, when executed in psql command line, list 345 patches for my
test system. I can't understand how it works but I think there is a issue
in the query (or in solaris2mpm?)

What's event more weird is that when I go in the details of a specific
patch (for example 118666), my solaris client is listed in the tab "Patched
System".
In the tab "Target System", the client is also listed, but with no package
to patch:
System Unpatched Packages
tu-spa-d01 (none)

Thanks in advance for your help,