[Spacewalk-list] osa-dispatcher

Mohit Vadhera mohit.vadhera at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 10:08:23 UTC 2012

Hi Paresh,

Thanks for fast reply.

Couple of things that solved are:
1) i was not able to delete duplicate machines i was getting internal
server error on the browser while deleting
2) I was not able to create the kickstart distribution and was getting the
same error. Now it is solved.

I changed the hostname in small letters

[root at Infra-Yum1 distro-trees]# cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1   localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4
localhost4.localdomain4
::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6
localhost6.localdomain6
172.20.3.32      infra-yum1 infra-yum1.nyos.com

[root at Infra-Yum1 distro-trees]# cat /etc/sysconfig/network
NETWORKING=yes
#HOSTNAME=Infra-Yum1
HOSTNAME=infra-yum1.nyos.com
GATEWAY=172.20.3.1

warning while restarting the service spacewalk is still there

[root at Infra-Yum1 distro-trees]# /usr/sbin/spacewalk-service restart
Shutting down spacewalk services...
Stopping RHN Taskomatic...
Stopped RHN Taskomatic.
Stopping cobbler daemon:                                   [  OK  ]
Stopping rhn-search...
Stopped rhn-search.
Stopping MonitoringScout ...
[ OK ]
Stopping Monitoring ...
[ OK ]
Shutting down osa-dispatcher:                              [  OK  ]
Stopping httpd:                                            [  OK  ]
Stopping tomcat6:                                          [  OK  ]
Terminating jabberd processes ...
Stopping s2s:                                              [  OK  ]
Stopping c2s:                                              [  OK  ]
Stopping sm:                                               [  OK  ]
Stopping router:                                           [  OK  ]
Done.
Starting spacewalk services...
Initializing jabberd processes ...
Starting router:                                           [  OK  ]
Starting sm:                                               [  OK  ]
Starting c2s:                                              [  OK  ]
Starting s2s:                                              [  OK  ]
Starting tomcat6:                                          [  OK  ]
Waiting for tomcat to be ready ...
Starting httpd: httpd: Could not reliably determine the server's fully
qualified domain name, using infra-yum1.nyos.com for ServerName
                                                           [  OK  ]
Starting osa-dispatcher: RHN 15766 2012/11/28 05:02:15 -04:00: ('Not able
to reconnect',)
RHN 15766 2012/11/28 05:02:15 -04:00: ('Traceback (most recent call
last):\n  File "/usr/share/rhn/osad/jabber_lib.py", line 252, in
setup_connection\n    c = self._get_jabber_client(js)\n  File
"/usr/share/rhn/osad/jabber_lib.py", line 309, in _get_jabber_client\n
 c.connect()\n  File "/usr/share/rhn/osad/jabber_lib.py", line 589, in
connect\n    raise SSLDisabledError\nSSLDisabledError\n',)
                                                           [  OK  ]
Starting Monitoring ...
[ OK ]
Starting MonitoringScout ...
[ OK ]
Starting rhn-search...
Starting cobbler daemon:                                   [  OK  ]
Starting RHN

Do I need to give Ipaddress with the suggested command to rename the
hostname

[root at Infra-Yum1 distro-trees]# spacewalk-hostname-rename
Missing <ip_address> argument.
Usage:
   spacewalk-hostname-rename <IP_ADDRESS> [ --ssl-country=<SSL_COUNTRY>
--ssl-state=<SSL_STATE> --ssl-org=<SSL_ORG> --ssl-orgunit=<SSL_ORGUNIT>
--ssl-email=<SSL_EMAIL> --ssl-ca-password=<SSL_CA_PASSWORD>]
   spacewalk-hostname-rename { -h | --help }

Thanks,
Mohit