[Spacewalk-list] How to register a client

spacewalk at epperson.homelinux.net spacewalk at epperson.homelinux.net
Thu Nov 29 13:24:14 UTC 2012

On Wed, November 28, 2012 23:46, J.W. slone wrote:
> I 'm still figuring the space walk out because I also must run Satellite.

To enable remote actions from the Satellite, after registering the client
and making sure it's subscribed to the rhn-tools child channel, do this on
the client:

yum install osad rhncfg-*
rhn-actions-control --enable-all
service osad start

osad is what keeps the client is constant communication with Satellite so
it will pick up commands/transactions very quickly.

> How can you get your client to reboot instantly from the Gui?

Use the "Schedule reboot" link on the system details tab.

> How do you push RPMS to your client and from your client to the server

Use the system page Software-->Packages-->Install New Packages link to
push packages from the Satellite to the client.  Not sure what rpms you'd
want to try to push from the client to the Satellite, but there's doc on
how to load your own or third party rpms to Satellite/spacewalk and get
them into channels.