[Spacewalk-list] Pushing updates to a Spacewalk Client

J.W. slone jslonejr at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 22:19:38 UTC 2012

Trying to push Updates to Centos 5.7 client

1) Click on Channels
2) Click on my Base Channel  Test
3) Click on Subscribed  Systems tab
4) Click on  client Test01

This client is showing 96 available packages. My Base Test channel has a sub channel callled Test_Centos5_Updates. However when I

1) Click on Software tab within  Client Test01
2) Click on Install
3) Click on Select All
4) Click on Install Selected Pacakges
5) Select Schedule action as soon as possible
6) Click on Confirm
 Wait for five or ten minutes nothing seems to happen. What am I missing

I am  trying to prevent Packager Updater from showing on the user's workstation. I want to control all the package updates to one Patch night per week or month. Do have any thoughts?