[Spacewalk-list] install basic pkgs without going internet

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Fri Nov 30 08:51:58 UTC 2012

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 11:06:03AM +0530, Mohit Vadhera wrote:
> I´ve lot of machines in my network that i want to register in spacewalk
> those dont have internet access . I need to install basic pkgs (
> rhn-client-tools rhn-check rhn-setup rhnsd m2crypto yum-rhn-plugin ) on all
> client. I have synced spacewalk client repo on my spacewalk . Cany anybody
> let me know how to achieve to install client pkgs on all client ?

I assume you don't have any remote centralized management mechanism on
those clients (that's why you try to register them to Spacewalk).

Then using ssh to transfer the rpms to the client and installing them
and running rhnreg_ks would probably work. Or you can setup a plain
yum repo with those package, and use ssh to create /etc/yum.repos.d/*
file and run yum plus rhnreg_ks.

Basically, do it as you would install any other rpm in your setup --
this is not Spacewalk-specific. You are the one who knows the
infrastructure of your network and what is possible and what is not.

--
Jan Pazdziora