[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk hang after deleting channel

Velayutham, Prakash Prakash.Velayutham at cchmc.org
Mon Oct 1 16:46:41 UTC 2012

On Oct 1, 2012, at 3:28 AM, Michael Mraka wrote:

> Velayutham, Prakash wrote:
> % Hello all,
> %
> % I recently did some housekeeping by deleting some unwanted channels/repositories in the Spacewalk server. I made sure no systems were subscribed to these channels, AFAIK.
> %
> % But, since then, all parts of the web GUI seems to work OK except the "Systems" tab. When I hit the "Systems" tab, my browser just hangs spinning. I have tried various browsers like Firefox, Chrome, Safari etc.
> %
> % Even a "spacewalk-service restart" only works as long as I don't click on the "Systems" tab. Once I do that, same problem all over again. Googling gives this really old thread with no response. http://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2008-July/msg00360.html
> %
> % Any ideas please?
>
> Could you turn on debbuging on your database to see which query is it?
> Also debug=5 in /etc/rhn.rhn.conf might help to discover what's going
> wrong.
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Michael Mráka
> Satellite Engineering, Red Hat

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the quick response. After a database restart, the issue has disappeared. So, not sure if this was a temporary issue with something else.

Anyways, here is the offending query we saw before the database restart.

SELECT s.id as id, s.name as name, s.description as description, s.info as info, s.created as registered, s.running_kernel as runningKernel, sl.machine as machine, sl.rack as rack, sl.room as room, sl.building as building, sl.address1 as address1, sl.address2 as address2, sl.city as city, sl.state as state, sl.country as country, rsn.hostname as hostname, rsn.ipaddr as ipaddr, rsn.ip6addr as ip6addr, dmi.vendor as dmiVendor, dmi.system as dmiSystem, dmi.product as dmiProduct, dmi.bios_vendor as dmiBiosVendor, dmi.bios_version as dmiBiosVersion, dmi.bios_release as dmiBiosRelease, dmi.asset as dmiAsset, dmi.board as dmiBoard, cpu.bogomips as cpuBogoMIPS, cpu.cache as cpuCache, cpu.family as cpuFamily, cpu.mhz as cpuMhz, cpu.stepping as cpuStepping, cpu.flags as cpuFlags, cpu.model as cpuModel, cpu.version as cpuVersion, cpu.vendor as cpuVendor, cpu.nrcpu as cpuNumberOfCpus, cpu.acpiversion as cpuAcpiVersion, cpu.apic as cpuApic, cpu.apmversion as cpuApmVersion, cpu.chipset as cpuChipset, si.checkin as checkin, rr.ram as ram, rr.swap as swap, vi.uuid as uuid
FROM rhnServer s LEFT OUTER JOIN rhnServerNetwork rsn ON s.id = rsn.server_id LEFT OUTER JOIN rhnServerInfo si on s.id = si.server_id LEFT OUTER JOIN rhnRam rr on s.id = rr.server_id LEFT OUTER JOIN rhnServerLocation sl ON s.id = sl.server_id LEFT OUTER JOIN rhnServerDmi dmi ON s.id = dmi.server_id LEFT OUTER JOIN rhnCPU cpu on s.id = cpu.server_id LEFT OUTER JOIN rhnVirtualInstance vi on s.id = vi.virtual_system_id
WHERE s.modified >= :1 or rsn.modified >= :2 or si.checkin >= :3 or rr.modified >= :4 or sl.modified >= :5 or dmi.modified >= :6 or cpu.modified >= :7 or s.id > :8 ORDER by s.id ASC

Also, once I set "debug=5" in rhn.conf and restart Spacewalk, which logs should I collect and send?

Thanks again,
Prakash