[Spacewalk-list] 'rhncfg-client get' downloading all config files

Matthew Patton mpatton at inforelay.com
Tue Oct 9 00:10:56 UTC 2012

On Mon, 08 Oct 2012 18:48:27 -0400, Mullis, Josh (CCI-Atlanta)
<Josh.Mullis at cox.com> wrote:

> Which file needs to be modified to change the "get" function of
> "rhncfg-client" to require a "--all" flag or something similar?
> When "rhncfg-client get" is run, it grabs all files in all config
> channels which in my opinion can be dangerous.

Come now, this is Linux. We design systems to deliberately allow dangerous
functionality and when you get bit by our unsafe designs, we laugh and
point at you and cluck our tongues at your noob misfortune. /sarc

rhn-actions-control --disable-deploy

is the closest thing but it doesn't stop anything but the SCHEDULED
deployment of files which is a different animal. 'rhncfg-client' should be
handled with extreme care, much like glicerin and 'rm -fr'.

--
Cloud Services Architect, Senior System Administrator
InfoRelay Online Systems (www.inforelay.com)