[Spacewalk-list] Error trying to access Proxy link

Jan Hutař jhutar at redhat.com
Tue Oct 9 12:32:54 UTC 2012

On Mon, 1 Oct 2012 18:29:42 -0400 "Boyd, Robert"
<Robert.Boyd at peoplefluent.com> wrote:

> When looking at a spacewalk proxy server detail information
> page there is a button/tab for "Proxy" When I click on this
> https://spacewalk-server.company.com/network/systems/details/proxy.pxt?sid=1000010038
>
> I get the following:
> Permission Error
>
> You do not have the appropriate permission set to access the
> requested page. You may have reached this error page in one of
> several ways:
>
>  1.  Your login session has expired. For security reasons, Red
> Hat Network terminates your login session after 15 minutes of
> inactivity. To sign in again, click
> here<https://spacewalk.corp.peopleclick.com/>.
>  2.  You've found an error in our site. Please contact your
> Support representative with details of how you received this
> message.
>  3.  Your browser does not have cookies enabled. The Red Hat
> Network requires cookies in order to function; if you have
> disabled them, please re-enable them to use the site.
>  4.  You've done something naughty. Stop it.
>
> The strange thing is that I'm logged in as the organization
> manager when I tried to do this.   I believe this user has all
> of the necessary privileges.   So ... what else could be going
> on here?  Everything else in the web site seems to be working
> normally.
>

> Robert Boyd
> Senior Systems Engineer
> Phone: 919-645-2972
> Mobile: 919-306-4681
> Peoplefluent
> 434 Fayetteville Street
> Raleigh, NC  27601
>
> robert.boyd at peoplefluent.com<mailto:michael.dileonardo at peoplefluent.com>
>
> [cid:image001.png at 01CDA002.B93B4360]
>

> This email message is for the sole use of the intended
> recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Any
> unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
> prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
> contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of
> the original message.

Hello,
system where you are trying to do this is Spacewalk Proxy
activated against your Spacewalk? I'm just guessing here: do the
system have Provisioning add-on entitlement? Could you post logs
around point you hit the error?

https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/SpacewalkFaq#IgotInternalServerError.Pleasehelp

Well, your issue is not ISE but Permission Error, but there
might be some clues.

Regards,
Jan

--