[Spacewalk-list] Scheduling Updates via API call

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Thu Oct 11 11:36:23 UTC 2012

Ok, sorry I missed this mail.
Is it possible to include files when
sending to the list, or are attachments forbidden? We'll see ...

See
attach, just change these lines at the top to match your database setup:

my $db_user = "";
my $db_password = "";
my $db_name = "";
my $db_host
= "";

my $data_source = "dbi:Oracle://$db_host:1531/$db_name";

my $dbh
= DBI->connect($data_source, $db_user, $db_password);

Use the "--help"
option for info.

On 2012-10-10 17:42, Peter Purvis wrote:

> Would
certainly be interesting to see that script, getting this working would
be very useful.
> I would love to see the API call being fixed in the
next version or even the inclusion of a scheduleInstallUpdates call.

> On 9 October 2012 10:34, Franky Van Liedekerke <liedekef at telenet.be
[1]> wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I created a script (based on something I
found on the net) just like this,
>> but encountered issues since the
API call
>> system.listLatestUpgradeablePackages gives also older
versions than the
>> latest one (it gives all newer versions for every
installed packet, instead
>> of just the latest).
>> In trunk, this is
partially fixed but the fixed API call still gives back
>> packages
belonging to other channels ...

>> So I created a perl script that
uses the fixed SQL statement directly and
>> made some checks so it's
just the latest package that is really returned.
>> the SQL statement
should not be needed anymore after 1.8 is released
>> If someone is
interested, I can post it on a site (after a minor code
>> cleanup) ...
we use it to push updates via the API to multiple servers at
>> once
(easier than using the webitf, but a bit slower due to the extra

checks needed)

>> Franky

Links:
------