[Spacewalk-list] Reinstalling Spacewalk

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Wed Oct 17 17:24:09 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 02:34:57PM +0000, Sam Sen wrote:
> I had to reinstall Spacewalk, but I already sync the channels over to the appropriate folder. Any idea as to how I can get the "new" version of spacewalk see the repo that I synced previously? Right now the channel is showing 0 packages even though I did point Spacewalk to the correct folder.

Not sure what you mean appropriate folder. When you spacewalk-repo-sync
(let's assume you that) repos to Satellite, two things happen:
information about those rpms gets stored in the database, and the
rpms get stored under the /var/satellite directory. If you have
content of that original /var/satellite directory, re-running
that spacewalk-repo-sync should re-download the metadata while realize
the .rpms themselves are in /var/satellite already.

--
Jan Pazdziora