[Spacewalk-list] deploy configuration file andreload/restartservice

Sabine.Jordan at der.net Sabine.Jordan at der.net
Thu Oct 18 07:29:07 UTC 2012

Hi Steve,

Thanks for you help, your hint was very useful.

I've done the following on Server and Client:

rpm -Uhv
http://spacewalk.der.de/pub/rhn-org-trusted-ssl-cert-1.0-1.noarch.rpm

Checked /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date and set the following parametes:

serverURL=https://set_to_my_server_name/XMLRPC

sslCACert=/usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT

Afterwards I've added the Server again with rhnreg_ks command, but I am
not sure if this was necessary at all.

Well, now I can successfully issue the command:

rhncfg-client get /etc/httpd/conf.d/forallwebs.conf

Using server name spacewalk.der.de

Deploying /etc/httpd/conf.d/forallwebs.conf

It also works via remote command:

#!/bin/sh

rhncfg-client get /etc/httpd/conf.d/forallwebs.conf

/etc/init.d/httpd reload

Thank you very much.

Greetings, Sabine