[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk package upgrade/install failure

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Wed Oct 24 11:36:53 UTC 2012

Shane Becker wrote:
% Hi:  I just set up Spacewalk, for the first time, on a Oracle
% Enterprise Linux 5.6 AWS instance. It is using PostgreSQL.  After
% sorting several issues, I can remove packages, verify hardware and
% software, and reboot my client machines.  Osa-dispatcher and osad
% services are operational and requests get handled quickly.  I cannot
% install or upgrade and packages.  I followed the directions on:
% https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstall.  Catalina.out
% contains several SEVERE errors as well:
% http://pastebin.com/s7qmmmiL.  Rhn-charsets outputs a traceback:
% spacewalk.server.rhnSQL.sql_base.SQLStatementPrepareError: ('relation
% "nls_database_parameters" does not exist at character 65\n'.  SELinux
% is disabled on all hosts and no firewalls are configured.
% Connectivity to all ports have been successfully tested.
%
% I do not see anything obvious in any of the rhn logs.

Hi Shane,

you wrote spacewalk is using PostgreSQL backend but as for error
messages it looks like it's using Oracle backend.

Please check your configuration.

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat