[Spacewalk-list] Cobbler + windows

Jens Skott jens.skott at schibsted.se
Sat Oct 27 09:41:27 UTC 2012

Hello, my first mail to this list.

I have setup a spacewalk instance to test cobbler integration with
windows and windows mdt.
I have got it to work as a normal menu item when booting a server with
pxe pointing at the spacewalk. All fine and dandy but now I want to
add some cobbler crack into the mix. Today we use vmware orchestrator
to deploy a linux vm extract the macaddress from that vm put it into
our ipam assign a ip and dhcp enable it. Then take all that info do a
cobbler system add with the ip mac linux profile and some other info,
then have the orchestrator do a poweron. Then we have a running redhat
server.

We want to do the same thing with windows. So how can I add a windows
distro and profile into cobbler? Anyone had experience with thos
before?

Mobile Jens