[Spacewalk-list] Firewall requires internal Mirroring EPEL and spacewalk repos

Matthew Patton mpatton at inforelay.com
Sat Sep 1 08:14:44 UTC 2012

On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 08:55:39 -0400, Boyd, Robert
<Robert.Boyd at peoplefluent.com> wrote:

> Is there some way to register a client before installing the
> spacewalk-client packages?

This use-case is precisely why I wrote my script to expose the
Spacewalk/Satellite packages as an independent yum repo. See thread
"script to create webserver accessible repo of packages under Spacewalk
channels".

You don't even need to muck with your client's /etc/yum.repos.d. just

# yum -c http://<spacewalk/pub/<some path>/channel.repo
--setopt=reposdir='' install rhncfg ...

--
Cloud Services Architect, Senior System Administrator
InfoRelay Online Systems (www.inforelay.com)