[Spacewalk-list] Interactive install using Spacewalk/Cobbler

Velayutham, Prakash Prakash.Velayutham at cchmc.org
Sun Sep 2 20:33:36 UTC 2012

On Sep 2, 2012, at 12:29 PM, Matthew Patton wrote:

> I don't understand the problem you're having. Its anaconda that is executing the kick start script. If the script is missing certain required items it will prompt you for them.
>
> I don't see how cobbler is involved. I've never used it.

The issue is that the options that are selected using the Spacewalk GUI only go as far as to create a Kickstart template. When a system boots and wants to use a kickstart profile that has the associated template, the actual kickstart file gets generated from this template by Cobbler on the fly and that kickstart file seems to not work correctly. Cobbler is the provisioning system that Spacewalk uses internally (if I am not mistaken).

Does that make sense.

Prakash