[Spacewalk-list] Question about yum repos after spacewalk client setup

visinix the great visinix at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 14:48:43 UTC 2012

Hi List,

I am at work moving my hosts over to using spacewalk to pick up updates,
and use for their software repositories. My question is how exactly does
the yum rhn plugin work?

1.) Does the yum rhn plugin dissallow the server from using the default
repo's found in /etc/yum.repos.d?
2.) I assume, but haven't tested yet, that I could always install from a
repo if I specify it with yum --enable=foo, is this correct?
3.) How do you handle default repos, do you remove the files? Do you change
them to enabled=0?

I'm working on using spacewalk to deploy systems via kickstart, and want to
remove the ability to update the OS / packages further than my current
spacewalk server deployment.

Thanks,
Charlie