[Spacewalk-list] Recommended way to uninstall Spacewalk

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Fri Sep 7 11:10:25 UTC 2012

Giovanni Torres wrote:
% Eh, I just ended up reinstalling on a new vm.  Whenever you run the
% 'yum install spacewalk-oracle' on a clean system, you end up
% downloading 300 - 400 dependencies.  I'd rather not mess with that,
% although I was considering it.  Perhaps next time, I'll keep the list
% of all the spacewalk dependencies and then uninstalling all those rpms
% and see what directories/files get left behind or need to get cleaned
% up.  Maybe that is the way to go the next time.

On Fedora 12 / RHEL 6 this can be easily done with

        yum history

find spacewalk install transaction id in the list, check content of the
transaction

        yum history info <transaction_id>

and undo it

        yum history undo <transaction_id>