[Spacewalk-list] Trying to sync base channel

Giovanni Torres giovtorres at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 11 15:04:41 UTC 2012

While using the following command

spacewalk-repo-sync file://censos_5.7_final/ /CentOS -c system 37
I think the command is "spacewalk-repo-sync -u file:///path/to/centos_5.7_final -c system37".  It is looking for an http:// or file:/// url, but don't forget the -u or --url flag.
As someone else suggested, you could also use the rhnpush command, but remember to point it to the directory with all the rpms.
Also, you could setup a repo in spacewalk that points to "http://vault.centos.org/5.7/os/x86_64/", which has only CentOS 5.7 packages, but remember you won't get updates for this channel.

I get the channel has no URL.
What URL is it looking for ??????????

background
1. My first base channel is working but the updates change my workstations from centos 5.7 to 5.8.
2. Therefore I trying to create another base channel from the centos 5.7 ISO

After logging into spacewalk from the web page

clicked on channel ................... (I can see my new base channel0
>     B) clicked on Managed software channels
>     C) clicked on Managed Repositories
>     D) clicked on create new repository ( what URL do they want here)

Prompted