[Spacewalk-list] spacecmd softwarechannel_clonetree add errata afterwards or not?

Erling Ringen Elvsrud erlingre at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 11:11:54 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have started to experiment with spacecmd to maintain channels. I have used
spacecmd softwarechannel_clonetree to clone my dev-channel to a test-channel.
Softwarechannel_clonetree does not seem to add any errata to the test
channel even if
I have not used the option  "-o do not clone any errata".

I can add errata to the channel afterwards with
softwarechannel_adderratabydate which is ok.
So do you add errata to the cloned channels initially when the channels are new
or do you just add new errata released after the channels are cloned?
As long as yum are used for updates, all old errata is probably not
necessary in the
cloned channels anyway as the updates rpm's still are available.

Best regards,

Erling