[Spacewalk-list] Massive problems with slow updates on rhnServerAction

Patrick Hurrelmann patrick.hurrelmann at lobster.de
Thu Sep 20 06:45:02 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 19.09.2012 20:13, Paul Robert Marino wrote:
> run a full vacuum analyze on the database.
> once it completes you should be in better shape

Thanks for that suggestion, but been there, done that. This is one of
the frist steps for postgres related performance issues ;) Right now I
disabled osad on most local systems and I'm in much better shape now.
Right now it only has 40 connections open an one hanging "update
rhnServerAction". Wonder if this really happens due to the use of push
to the clients?

> and if the count still keeps going up consider utilizing pgpool.
> pgpool if configured correctly will really just reuse the stale idle
> connections.

Good idea actually. I will consider this. But it won't help for "Idle in
transaction", right?

Thanks,
Patrick

--
Lobster LOGsuite GmbH, Münchner Straße 15a, D-82319 Starnberg

HRB 178831, Amtsgericht München
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Martin Fischer, Rolf Henrich