[Spacewalk-list] systems registers as localhost.localdomain

Wojtak, Greg (Superfly) GregWojtak at quickenloans.com
Fri Sep 21 20:27:07 UTC 2012

If you're provisioning the server with DHCP and you haven't made a reservation, then that will cause the behavior you see.  The spacewalk registration takes place well before the cobbler scripts set the correct networking information in the kickstart process.

I work around this by having a %post script that sets the correct hostname and IP, runs rhn-profile-sync and then spacecmd to update the systems profile name.

Greg Wojtak
Sr. Unix Systems Engineer
Office: (313) 373-4306
Cell: (734) 718-8472